Friday, December 10, 2010

Welcome to VeganSexual

Welcome! This is the new home for my new blog: VeganSexual. I am absolutely in love with the pleasure and sensuality I experience when I eat practically any meal. You can have that sensation on the go, sitting down to a meal with a lover, or blissfully sitting by yourself in your favorite chair with dim lights and a glass of wine. Making you hot? Join me.

For those of you wondering what the hell I could possibly talk about in a blog like this, refer only to my public radio muse, Lynn Rosetto Kasper:


From Mother Jones:

Gastrosexuals, we know (thanks Urban Dictionary), are foodies who use their culinary skills to impress friends and woo the opposite sex. Splendid Table host Lynne Rossetto Kasper, of course, is the ultimate gastrosexual: that sultry voice, that Midwestern perkiness, all that experimentation with raddichio. Grrr, and winners get to join the original saucy dish on the air.

I think it's important to note that you not only can use your skills to seduce lovers, but also to give yourself the ultimate in culinary self-pleasure; cooking for oneself can be another intense, erotic experience in your repertoire.

EDIT: Also, just noticed the heterosexism in the quote above. Now inspired to write about queering the kitchen and that ridiculous quote, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". 

So here you can expect me to talk about my experiences as a gastrosexual, how being vegan amplifies that pleasure, and tasty recipes you can try to maximize your pleasure and ethical living AT THE SAME TIME. Without the whole PeTA-objectifying-women-in-advertising-that-does-nothing-to-help-animals-bullshit.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment